Sunday, August 16, 2009

Love Drunk, but Apostrophe Deprived

While watching Fuse the other night, (I'll gladly admit I was watching Empire Records) there was a commercial for some band called Boys Like Girls and their new single "Love Drunk."

During the commercial, the lyrics for the chorus were flashing across the screen and we noticed the above...so we took a picture.

I'm not sure who is responsible for making these commercials, or if anyone responsible even noticed, but we did. Pathetically, while double-checking the lyrics, I discovered that the apostrophe is included correctly on one of those fan-written lyric sites that always have grammatical errors.

Its vs. It's is a common apostrophe error, but that's not really an excuse when you're making a television commercial. Perhaps the somewhat lame nature of the lyrics led to the apostrophe mishap. I've decided to include the whole chorus, so you can really appreciate the song with proper punctuation:

"I used to be love drunk,
but now I'm hungover.
I'll love you forever,
but now it's over."

No comments:

Post a Comment